As part of the second phase of the Great Streets Project, we’re beginning to reconstruct several segments of roadway in the community, including:
- Arroyo Drive from West Santa Anita Avenue to Mays Aly
- San Marcos Street from Mays Aly
- Carmelita Drive from San Marcos Street to South Mission Drive
- Junipero Place from West Broadway to South Junipero Serra Drive
- Santa Anita Avenue from East Mission Drive to South Mission Drive
- West Orange Street from Montecito Drive to South Del Mar Avenue
- Bilton Way from Orange Street to West Fairview Avenue
- Alley behind City Hall
The project includes the reconstruction of new accessible curb ramps at sidewalk corners and several new sections of curb and gutter segments. Each street segment should expect to be impacted for six weeks and motorists may experience brief street closures during working hours. Work is expected to continue from now until late June. Our contractor – Sequel Contractors – will notify residents at least 48 hours prior to construction if their street is affected.
For more information about paving projects in San Gabriel, click here.