Tennis and pickleball courts in San Gabriel will reopen beginning tomorrow, May 18, with modified operations to accommodate the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
Courts will be open on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Pickleball players must reserve their play times.
- Do not enter the courts if you have symptoms or exposure risks as listed by the CDC guidelines
- Physical distancing of six feet must be maintained at all times before, during and after play
- Place personal items (such as backpacks, water bottles) at a safe distance (6 feet) from other participant items to avoid surface contact
- Participants must wear face coverings at all times, except during play
- Avoid group gatherings; no spectators on the court; wait for courts to be clear before entering for play
- Only singles play permitted – no doubles play for tennis or pickleball
- Wash or disinfect your hands before entering court and after exiting court
- Avoid touching court gates, fences, benches and other surfaces
- Stay on your side of the court and do not switch sides
- Each participant must bring their own can/bucket of balls with initials on each ball for identification; participants will only be permitted to handle their own equipment including balls, paddles and rackets
- Do not share food, drinks or towels
- Bring water and hand sanitizer or disinfecting wipes to wash and sanitize hands, equipment and balls frequently
- Players should leave facility immediately after play
- No private or group lessons
Please note that if these requirements are violated, players will be asked to leave and/or the courts will be locked for community safety. For questions or concerns, please contact Community Services at 626.308.2875 or firstname.lastname@example.org.