In a unanimous decision, the City Council approved several significant road rehabilitation projects in the City. These were divided under four projects, which include:
- Additional paving along Live Oak Street from California Street to Pine Street using funds from Community Development Block Grant funds and the City for $29,543.76. This is a budget increase to an existing project that improved several areas along Broadway, Live Oak Street for the amount of $586,300 with a 10% contingency.
- Work on the first phase of the 2017-18 Great Streets Improvement Project using I-Bank funding for the amount of $975,472.30. This project includes work on:
- San Marino Avenue between Longden Drive and Las Tunas Drive
- Broadway between Mission Drive and Junipero Serra Drive
- Earle Street between Las Tunas Drive and Elm Street
- Warner Lane between San Marino Avenue and the west end
- Oak Lane between San Marino Avenue and the west end
- Mission Drive between Sycamore Drive and Las Tunas Drive
- Alanmay Avenue between Mission Drive and Junipero Serra Drive
- Broadway Place between Broadway and Agostino Road
- Work on Del Mar Avenue from the street 200 feet north of Valley Boulevard to Chestnut Street with new pavement, pedestrian ramps and bicycle lane striping for $1,170,596.00. The remaining 200 feet between Valley Boulevard and the southerly limit of the project will be repaved after the adjacent hotel construction project completes their off-site improvements.
- Street improvements along Adelyn, Mount Vernon, Cresta, Pine Street and Live Oak for $975,472.30. Specifically, road rehabilitation will occur along:
- Adelyn Drive between Mission Drive and Bradbury Drive
- Mount Vernon Drive north of Alhambra Road
- Cresta Avenue between Las Tunas Drive and Hermosa Drive
- Pine Street between Las Tunas Drive and the north end
- Live Oak Street between Pine Street and San Gabriel Boulevard
In a unanimous decision, the City Council approved a new consultant for Public Works for engineering plan checking services with RKA Consulting Group for an amount not to exceed $125,000. The agreement would occur for two years.
Finally, the City Council approved the following items:
- A street closure at the intersection of Adelyn Drive and Rosemont Boulevard on November 3, 2018
- A street closure at 400 West Broadway between Santa Anita Street and Junipero Place on February 8, 2018 for the annual Founder’s Day Festival at San Gabriel Mission High School
- Material demands, an investment report and the approval of minutes