As part of a larger project to refurbish several bridge decks, Caltrans will be performing work on three overpass onramps and offramps in San Gabriel along Interstate 10.
Portions of the New Avenue, Del Mar Avenue and San Gabriel Boulevard onramps and offramps will be closed on a staggered basis, with each closure lasting 55 hours over select weekends in June, July and August. These closures include high-occupancy-vehicle lanes alongside the complete closure of City streets below the bridge. These closures will begin on Friday night and reopen on Monday by 5:00 a.m.
We’ve included a timetable of the anticipated closures below. Please note that these closure dates may change due to the nature of construction. We will keep you posted of any developments.
Del Mar Avenue
- The first closure will begin on June 29, 2018 at night and conclude on July 2, 2018 by 5:00 a.m.
The second closure will begin on August 3, 2018 at night and conclude on August 6, 2018 by 5:00 a.m.(Canceled)
- The first closure will begin July 6, 2018 at night and conclude on July 9, 2018 by 5:00 a.m.
- The second closure will begin on July 27, 2018 at night and conclude on July 30, 2018 at 5:00 a.m.
- Please note that Caltrans will be closing the I-10 westbound HOV lanes at Walnut Grove and New Avenue on the night of July 26 and July 27 in preparation for the weekend closure
San Gabriel Boulevard
- The first closure will begin July 13, 2018 at night and conclude on July 16, 2018 by 5:00 a.m.
- The second closure will begin July 20, 2018 at night and conclude on July 23, 2018 by 5:00 a.m.
- Please note that the westbound I-10 high-occupancy-vehicle lane at Rosemead Boulevard and San Gabriel Boulevard will be closed at night on July 19 in preparation of the weekend closure
During these closures, posted detours will be available near the affected roadways. Thank you for your patience, and we apologize for the inconvenience.